File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
- Sponsored By:
Senators Jacobs, Forehand, Giannetti, Haines, Jimeno, Mooney,
Criminal Procedure - Seizure and Forfeiture of Money - Criminal Gang
Providing that money is prima facie contraband and subject to
forfeiture if a law enforcement officer in the State seizes the money
in connection with an arrest for specified criminal gang offenses;
requiring a court to order specified money forfeited to a specified
law enforcement unit or the State on conviction of a person for
specified criminal gang offenses; etc.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/15 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator Jennie M. Forehand, District 17
- Senator John A. Giannetti, Jr., District 21
- Senator Larry E. Haines, District 5
- Senator Philip C. Jimeno, District 31
- Senator Alexander X. Mooney, District 3
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 6
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- PERSONAL PROPERTY
- SEARCH AND SEIZURE
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Procedure
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):