File Code: Vehicle Laws - Miscellaneous
Prior Year Introduction As: SB 963/05 - JPR
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 1383
- Sponsored By:
Senators Giannetti, Astle, Garagiola, and Hafer
Vehicle Laws - Right-of-Way - Penalties for Failure to Yield
Establishing that, if a person is convicted of failing to yield the
right-of-way in violation of specified provisions of law and the
violation contributes to an accident that results in bodily injury to
another, the person is subject to a $500 fine and a 90-day period of
license suspension; establishing a fine of $1,000 and a 180-day period
of license suspension if the violation contributes to an accident
resulting in the death of another; providing that the penalties are in
addition to other penalties provided by law; etc.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/16 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Senator John A. Giannetti, Jr., District 21
- Senator John C. Astle, District 30
- Senator Rob Garagiola, District 15
- Senator John J. Hafer, District 1
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- DEATH -see also- ADVANCE MEDICAL DIRECTIVES; WRONGFUL DEATH.
- DRIVERS' LICENSES
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- MOTOR VEHICLE ADMINISTRATION
- TRAFFIC REGULATIONS
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):