File Code: Estates and Trusts
- Sponsored By:
Estates and Trusts - Trust For Care of Animal
Establishing that the common-law rule against perpetuities does not
apply to a specified trust created for the care of an animal alive
during the lifetime of the settlor; authorizing the creation of a
trust to provide for the care of an animal alive during the lifetime
of the settlor; establishing when the trust terminates; authorizing a
specified person to enforce the trust; authorizing a person having an
interest in the welfare of an animal for whose care a trust is
established to make specified requests to a court; etc.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/2 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (33-13)
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/28 at 1:00 p.m.
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- ANIMALS -see also- BIRDS; TURTLES
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- DEATH -see also- ADVANCE MEDICAL DIRECTIVES; WRONGFUL DEATH.
- ESTATES AND TRUSTS
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Estates and Trusts
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- February 23, 2006: Third Reading Passed (33-13)