File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
- Sponsored By:
Sex Offender Registration - Failure to Register, Failure to Provide
Written Notice, or Provision of False Information - Penalties
Altering the classification of the crimes from misdemeanors to
felonies and increasing the maximum penalties for a person convicted
of knowingly failing to register as an offender for specified crimes,
knowingly failing to provide a written notice to the Department of
Public Safety and Correctional Services, or knowingly providing false
information of a material fact on a registration statement.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 1/19 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- REGISTRATION -see also- MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION
- SEXUAL OFFENSES
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Procedure
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):