File Code: Vehicle Laws - Rules of the Road
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Petzold, Barkley, Dumais, Madaleno, Menes, Gutierrez,
Moving Violations - Death
Providing that a person issued a traffic citation for a moving
violation contributing to an accident that results in the death of
another person may not comply with a notice to appear in court by
prepayment of a fine and must appear in person; providing that, if a
person is convicted of a moving violation and the trier of fact finds
that the moving violation contributed to an accident that resulted in
the death of another, the person is subject to specified penalties;
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/10 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Delegate Carol S. Petzold, District 19
- Delegate Charles Barkley, District 39
- Delegate Kathleen M. Dumais, District 15
- Delegate Ana Sol Gutierrez, District 18
- Delegate Susan C. Lee, District 16
- Delegate Richard S. Madaleno, Jr., District 18
- Delegate Pauline H. Menes, District 21
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- DEATH -see also- ADVANCE MEDICAL DIRECTIVES; WRONGFUL DEATH.
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- TRAFFIC REGULATIONS
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):