File Code: Vehicle Laws - Drunk Driving
Prior Year Introduction As: HB 888/04 - JUD
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Bronrott, Dumais, Dwyer, Lee, Mayer, McKee, McMillan,
Menes, Petzold, Quinter, Shank, and Sophocleus
Drunk and Drugged Driving and Homicide or Life-Threatening Injury by
Motor Vehicle or Vessel Offenses - Probation Before Judgment
Extending from 5 to 10 years the period during which a court is
prohibited from staying the entry of judgment and placing a person on
probation for a subsequent violation of specified alcohol- or
drug-related driving offenses or specified homicide or
life-threatening injury by motor vehicle or vessel offenses.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/21 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Delegate William A. Bronrott, District 16
- Delegate Kathleen M. Dumais, District 15
- Delegate Donald H. Dwyer, Jr., District 31
- Delegate Susan C. Lee, District 16
- Delegate Wm. Daniel Mayer, District 28
- Delegate Robert A. McKee, District 2A
- Delegate Herb McMillan, District 30
- Delegate Pauline H. Menes, District 21
- Delegate Carol S. Petzold, District 19
- Delegate Neil F. Quinter, District 13
- Delegate Christopher B. Shank, District 2B
- Delegate Theodore Sophocleus, District 32
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- BOATS AND SHIPS
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DRUNK AND DRUGGED DRIVING
- HOMICIDE -see also- MANSLAUGHTER; MURDER
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- PAROLE AND PROBATION
- SENTENCES -see also- DEATH PENALTY
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Procedure
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):