File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
- Sponsored By:
Crimes - Owning, Operating, or Conducting Business with a "Chop
Shop" - Penalties
Establishing the crime of knowingly owning, operating, or conducting a
"chop shop" enterprise; establishing the crime of knowingly
transporting a motor vehicle or motor vehicle part to or from a chop
shop; establishing the crime of knowingly selling or transferring to,
or knowingly purchasing or receiving from, a chop shop a motor vehicle
or motor vehicle part; establishing penalties; authorizing a law
enforcement agency to seize specified property in specified
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/10 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- SEARCH AND SEIZURE
- THEFT -see also- SHOPLIFTING
- WRECKERS AND SCRAP PROCESSORS
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):