File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
- Sponsored By:
Senators Hooper, Colburn, Garagiola, Greenip, Harris, Jacobs,
Sentencing - Crimes of Violence - Limitation on Revisory Power of
Limiting to a specified period after the imposition of a sentence for
a specified crime of violence the power of a court to revise the
sentence; authorizing a specified motion to be filed at any time under
specified circumstances; requiring a court to notify each victim of
the crime for which the defendant was convicted before revising,
modifying, or reducing the sentence imposed on the defendant; defining
a term; and providing for the application of the Act.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/16 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Senator J. Robert Hooper, District 35
- Senator Richard F. Colburn, District 37
- Senator Rob Garagiola, District 15
- Senator Janet Greenip, District 33
- Senator Andrew P. Harris, District 7
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator Alexander X. Mooney, District 3
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- APPEALS -see also- JUDICIAL REVIEW
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- SENTENCES -see also- DEATH PENALTY
- VICTIMS -see also- CRIMINAL INJURIES COMPENSATION
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Procedure
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):