File Code: Vehicle Laws - Miscellaneous
Prior Year Introduction As: HB 40/04 - JUD
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Impallaria, McDonough, Bromwell, and Dwyer
Motor Vehicles - Prohibition Against Allowing a Person Not Lawfully
Present in the United States to Drive
Prohibiting a person from knowingly allowing a motor vehicle owned by
the person to be driven on a highway by an individual that the person
knows is not lawfully present in the United States; establishing
penalties for a violation of the Act, including forfeiture of the
motor vehicle used in the violation; requiring the Motor Vehicle
Administration to suspend the driver's license of a person convicted
under the Act; etc.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Delegate Rick Impallaria, District 7
- Delegate Eric M. Bromwell, District 8
- Delegate Donald H. Dwyer, Jr., District 31
- Delegate Pat McDonough, District 7
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- CRIMINAL INJURIES COMPENSATION
- DRIVERS' LICENSES
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- MOTOR VEHICLE ADMINISTRATION
- VICTIMS -see also- CRIMINAL INJURIES COMPENSATION
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Procedure
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):