File Code: Family Law
- Sponsored By:
Family Law - Failure to Pay Child Support
Making it a misdemeanor, subject to specified penalties, for an
individual to fail to pay child support under a court order under
specified circumstances; establishing a specified defense; providing
that voluntary impoverishment is not a defense; establishing venue and
specified procedures for purposes of prosecuting the crime of failure
to pay child support under a court order; establishing that the
District Court does not have jurisdiction over the crime of failure to
pay child support under a court order; etc.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/11 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- ATTACHMENTS AND GARNISHMENTS
- BALTIMORE CITY
- CORRECTION, DIVISION OF
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DISTRICT COURTS
- FAMILY LAW -see also- ADOPTION; ANNULMENT; DIVORCE; etc
- MINORS -see also- AGE OF MAJORITY; YOUTH
- PAROLE AND PROBATION
- PRISONERS -see also- EX-OFFENDERS
- SUPPORT OF DEPENDENTS -see also- ALIMONY
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Family Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):