File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Rosenberg, Anderson, Carter, Dumais, Gutierrez,
Kelley, Lee, Marriott, McComas, and Menes
Criminal Procedure - Discoverable Material and Information - State's
Requiring the State's Attorney to make a specified certification to
the court at least 5 days before a trial relating to the efforts of
the State's Attorney and other individuals to exercise due diligence
in providing defense counsel with specified discoverable material and
information; requiring the certification to include a statement from a
specified lead investigator; and requiring the court to impose a fine
at its discretion if it finds that a specified certification was made
in bad faith; etc.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/8 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Delegate Samuel I. Rosenberg, District 41
- Delegate Curt Anderson, District 43
- Delegate Jill P. Carter, District 41
- Delegate Kathleen M. Dumais, District 15
- Delegate Ana Sol Gutierrez, District 18
- Delegate Darryl A. Kelley, District 26
- Delegate Susan C. Lee, District 16
- Delegate Salima Siler Marriott, District 40
- Delegate Susan K. McComas, District 35B
- Delegate Pauline H. Menes, District 21
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- INVESTIGATIONS AND INQUIRIES -see also- CRIM BCKGRND INVEST.
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- STATE'S ATTORNEYS
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Procedure
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):