File Code: Vehicle Laws - Rules of the Road
Prior Year Introduction As: HB 902/04 - JUD
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Petzold, Barkley, Dumais, Madaleno, Mandel, Menes,
Montgomery, and Simmons
Moving Violations - Death - Notice to Appear
Providing that a person issued a traffic citation for a moving
violation contributing to an accident that results in the death of
another person may not comply with a notice to appear in court by
prepayment of a fine and must appear in person; providing that, if a
person who receives a specified citation fails to appear in court, the
court may issue a warrant for the person's arrest or notify the Motor
Vehicle Administration of the noncompliance after 5 days; etc.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/2 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Delegate Carol S. Petzold, District 19
- Delegate Charles Barkley, District 39
- Delegate Kathleen M. Dumais, District 15
- Delegate Richard S. Madaleno, Jr., District 18
- Delegate Adrienne A. Mandel, District 19
- Delegate Pauline H. Menes, District 21
- Delegate Karen S. Montgomery, District 14
- Delegate Luiz R. S. Simmons, District 17
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CIRCUIT COURTS
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DEATH -see also- ADVANCE MEDICAL DIRECTIVES; WRONGFUL DEATH.
- DISTRICT COURTS
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- MOTOR VEHICLE ADMINISTRATION
- TRAFFIC REGULATIONS
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):