File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Menes, Conroy, Goldwater, Gutierrez, Kelley, Lee,
McComas, Nathan-Pulliam, Petzold, Quinter, and Simmons
Evidence - Separate Act of Sexual Misconduct Involving a Minor -
Establishing that, in a prosecution for a sexual crime involving a
victim who is a minor, the court may admit evidence of the defendant's
commission of a separate act of sexual misconduct involving a minor
under specified circumstances; requiring the State's Attorney to
disclose evidence to the defendant within a specified time period,
unless the court allows disclosure at a later time for good cause
shown; specifying the content of the disclosure to the defendant; etc.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/24 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/24 at 2:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Delegate Pauline H. Menes, District 21
- Delegate Mary A. Conroy, District 23A
- Delegate Marilyn R. Goldwater, District 16
- Delegate Ana Sol Gutierrez, District 18
- Delegate Darryl A. Kelley, District 26
- Delegate Susan C. Lee, District 16
- Delegate Susan K. McComas, District 35B
- Delegate Shirley Nathan-Pulliam, District 10
- Delegate Carol S. Petzold, District 19
- Delegate Neil F. Quinter, District 13
- Delegate Luiz R. S. Simmons, District 17
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- MINORS -see also- AGE OF MAJORITY; YOUTH
- SEXUAL OFFENSES
- STATE'S ATTORNEYS
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):