File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 582
- Sponsored By:
Criminal Trials - Peremptory Challenges
Altering the number of peremptory challenges permitted in specified
criminal trials; establishing that in a trial in which the defendant
is subject to a sentence of life imprisonment, each party is permitted
10 peremptory challenges; and establishing that in all other criminal
cases, each party is permitted 5 peremptory challenges.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/9 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- JURIES -see also- GRAND JURIES
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):