File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
- Sponsored By:
Chairman, Judiciary Committee (By Request - Departmental -
Criminal Law - Theft or Unauthorized Use of Motor Vehicle -
Admissibility of Owner Affidavit
Authorizing the admissibility of a specified affidavit by a specified
owner of a motor vehicle into evidence at a trial for specified crimes
involving the theft, unlawful taking, or unauthorized use of the motor
vehicle under specified circumstances; requiring the State, at least
30 days before the trial, to provide the defendant with a copy of the
affidavit and written notice that the State intends to rely on and
introduce the affidavit into evidence; etc.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/8 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Judiciary Comm., Chairman
- State Police, Department of
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- THEFT -see also- SHOPLIFTING
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):