File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Ross, Ramirez, Dwyer, Frush, Haddaway, Holmes, King,
Crimes - Video and Computer Games Rated "Mature" or "For Adults
Only" - Prohibition on Sale or Rental to Minor
Prohibiting a person from selling, offering to sell, or renting to a
minor a video or computer game that has been given a "Mature" or "For
Adults Only" rating by a specified rating system; establishing
criminal penalties for violation of the Act; providing for an
affirmative defense to a charge of a violation of the Act; and
defining specified terms.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/8 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Delegate Justin D. Ross, District 22
- Delegate Donald H. Dwyer, Jr., District 31
- Delegate Barbara Frush, District 21
- Delegate Jeannie Haddaway, District 37B
- Delegate Marvin E. Holmes, Jr., District 23B
- Delegate Nancy J. King, District 39
- Delegate Victor R. Ramirez, District 47
- Delegate Luiz R. S. Simmons, District 17
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COMPUTERS -see also- ELECTRONIC COMMERCE; ELECTRONIC GOVMNT.
- CONSUMER PROTECTION -see also- UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- MINORS -see also- AGE OF MAJORITY; YOUTH
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):