File Code: Civil Actions and Procedures
Prior Year Introduction As: HB 1463/04 - JUD
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Shank, Bartlett, Kelly, McKee, Myers, and Weldon
Victims of Crime - Burglary and Crimes of Violence - Civil Immunity
Providing that a person is not liable for damages for a personal
injury or death of an individual who enters the person's dwelling or
place of business with the intent to commit specified crimes under
specified circumstances; etc.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/22 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judiciary
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (132-0)
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 4/6 at 1:00 p.m.
- Delegate Christopher B. Shank, District 2B
- Delegate Joseph R. Bartlett, District 4A
- Delegate Kevin Kelly, District 1B
- Delegate Robert A. McKee, District 2A
- Delegate LeRoy E. Myers, Jr., District 1C
- Delegate Richard B. Weldon, Jr., District 3B
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CIVIL ACTIONS -see also- SMALL CLAIMS
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DEATH -see also- ADVANCE MEDICAL DIRECTIVES; WRONGFUL DEATH.
- LIABILITY -see also- GOOD SAMARITAN
- VICTIMS -see also- CRIMINAL INJURIES COMPENSATION
- VIOLENCE -see also- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE; HARASSMENT
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 3, 2005: Third Reading Passed (132-0)