File Code: Health Care Facilities and Regulation
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Goldwater, Barkley, Boutin, Bromwell, Bronrott,
Donoghue, Gordon, Kach, Lee, Mandel, Montgomery, Nathan-Pulliam, and
Long-Term Care Facilities and Hospitals - Reporting Deaths of
Long-Term Care Facility Residents
Requiring a medical examiner to investigate deaths of long-term care
facility residents and specified individuals in hospitals; requiring a
long-term care facility to report any death of a resident to a medical
examiner; requiring a hospital to report specified deaths to a medical
examiner; requiring the medical examiner to report the findings of the
investigation to specified individuals, facilities, and the Department
of Health and Mental Hygiene under specified circumstances; etc.
- First Reading Health and Government Operations
- Hearing 2/23 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/3 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Delegate Marilyn R. Goldwater, District 16
- Delegate Charles Barkley, District 39
- Delegate Charles R. Boutin, District 34A
- Delegate Eric M. Bromwell, District 8
- Delegate William A. Bronrott, District 16
- Delegate John P. Donoghue, District 2C
- Delegate Michael R. Gordon, District 17
- Delegate Wade Kach, District 5B
- Delegate Susan C. Lee, District 16
- Delegate Adrienne A. Mandel, District 19
- Delegate Karen S. Montgomery, District 14
- Delegate Shirley Nathan-Pulliam, District 10
- Delegate Joan F. Stern, District 39
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- ASSISTED LIVING -see also- GROUP HOMES
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DAY CARE
- DEATH -see also- ADVANCE MEDICAL DIRECTIVES; WRONGFUL DEATH.
- HOSPITALS -see also- CLINICS; STATE HOSPITALS
- INVESTIGATIONS AND INQUIRIES -see also- CRIM BCKGRND INVEST.
- LONG TERM CARE -see also- CONTINUING CARE; NURSING HOMES
- MEDICAL EXAMINERS
- NURSING HOMES -see also- CONTINUING CARE; LONG TERM CARE
- VICTIMS -see also- CRIMINAL INJURIES COMPENSATION
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Health - General
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):