File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
- Sponsored By:
Delegates King, Barkley, Dumais, Feldman, Gilleland, Healey,
Kaiser, Lee, Simmons, and Taylor
Crimes - Prohibition Against Interfering with, Injuring, or Killing
Service Animals (Langer's Law)
Establishing the crime of recklessly engaging in conduct that
interferes with the lawful use of a service animal, or creating a
substantial risk of death or injury to a service animal; establishing
the crime of intentionally injuring, killing, or allowing an animal
that a specified person has under immediate control to injure or kill
a service animal; etc.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/24 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/24 at 2:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Delegate Nancy J. King, District 39
- Delegate Charles Barkley, District 39
- Delegate Kathleen M. Dumais, District 15
- Delegate Brian J. Feldman, District 15
- Delegate Terry R. Gilleland, Jr., District 32
- Delegate Anne Healey, District 22
- Delegate Anne R. Kaiser, District 14
- Delegate Susan C. Lee, District 16
- Delegate Luiz R. S. Simmons, District 17
- Delegate Herman L. Taylor, Jr., District 14
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- ANIMALS -see also- BIRDS; TURTLES
- BLIND PERSONS
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DEATH -see also- ADVANCE MEDICAL DIRECTIVES; WRONGFUL DEATH.
- DISABILITIES -see also- BLIND; DEAF; DEVELOPMENTAL
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):