File Code: Higher Education
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Franchot, Benson, Bronrott, Burns, Conroy, Hubbard,
Income Tax Reform - Revenues for Higher Education
Establishing the Public Higher Education Fund to supplement General
Fund appropriations to public senior higher education institutions;
specifying that the Fund is a special, nonlapsing fund; increasing the
State income tax rate to 5.25% on individuals whose Maryland taxable
income exceeds $200,000 (single) and $250,000 (joint returns); and
requiring the Comptroller to distribute the additional income tax
revenue resulting from the Act to the Fund.
- First Reading Ways and Means
- Hearing 2/15 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Ways and Means
- No Action
- Delegate Peter Franchot, District 20
- Delegate Joanne C. Benson, District 24
- Delegate William A. Bronrott, District 16
- Delegate Emmett C. Burns, Jr., District 10
- Delegate Mary A. Conroy, District 23A
- Delegate James W. Hubbard, District 23A
- Delegate Adrienne A. Mandel, District 19
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- HIGHER EDUCATION -see also- COMM COLLEGES; MED SCHOOLS; etc.
- HIGHER EDUCATION COMMISSION
- INCOME TAX
- REVENUE AND TAXES -see also- DEV FEES & TAXES; specific tax.
- STATE UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Tax - General
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):