File Code: Elections
- Sponsored By:
Election Law - Voter Registration - Felons
Altering the qualifications for voter registration to allow
individuals convicted of specified crimes to qualify to register to
vote on completion of the sentence imposed and on release from
correctional custody; repealing a prohibition that disqualifies felons
convicted of a specified subsequent crime from being qualified to
register until a specified period has elapsed; repealing the absolute
voting disqualification applicable to individuals convicted multiple
times of specified crimes; etc.
- First Reading Ways and Means
- Hearing 1/26 at 11:00 a.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- REGISTRATION -see also- MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION
- VOTING -see also- BALLOTS; ELECTIONS
Bill affects the following Statute:
- Election Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):