File Code: Real Property
- Sponsored By:
Real Property - Residential Leases - Interest on Security Deposits
Altering, from 3 percent to the Federal Reserve discount rate as of
January 1, the annual interest rate paid on a security deposit under a
residential lease after the end of a tenancy; altering, from 3 percent
to the lesser of 3 percent or the Federal Reserve discount rate as of
January 1, the annual interest rate paid on a security deposit prior
to the termination of a tenancy; and altering, from 6 months to 12
months, the interval at which interest accrues on a security deposit
under a residential lease.
- First Reading Environmental Matters
- Hearing 2/24 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/24 at 1:30 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Environmental Matters
- No Action
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- LANDLORD AND TENANT -see also- EVICTION; LEASES & RENT; etc.
- LEASES AND RENT
- SECURITY DEPOSITS
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Real Property
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note (Displayed in PDF Format):