File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
- Sponsored By:
Criminal Law - Theft or Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle -
Admissibility of Owner Affidavit
Authorizing the introduction of a specified affidavit as evidence of
specified facts in a criminal case involving the theft, unlawful
taking, or unauthorized use of a motor vehicle; requiring the State to
provide written notice to the defendant that the State intends to rely
on the affidavit and introduce the affidavit at the proceeding;
allowing the defendant to require the State to compel the appearance
of the affiant; etc.
- First Reading Senate Rules
- Re-referred Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/23 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- THEFT -see also- SHOPLIFTING
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: