File Code: Higher Education
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 1188
- Sponsored By:
Higher Education Affordability and Access Act of 2004
Limiting the amount of the annual increase in tuition that may be
charged to a resident undergraduate student at specified public senior
higher education institutions to 5% for academic years beginning in
the fall of 2004 through the fall of 2007; requiring the Governor to
include in the annual budget submission for fiscal years 2006 through
2008 a specified increase in the amount of State support for the
University System of Maryland and Morgan State University;
appropriating specified revenues in fiscal year 2005; etc.
- First Reading Senate Rules
- Re-referred Budget and Taxation
- Hearing 3/30 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 4/1 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COMMITTEES AND COMMISSIONS -see also- POLITICAL COMMITTEES
- CORPORATIONS -see also- MUNICIPAL CORPORATIONS
- HIGHER EDUCATION -see also- COMM COLLEGES; MED SCHOOLS; etc.
- HIGHER EDUCATION COMMISSION
- INCOME TAX
- MINORITIES -see also- WOMEN
- NONRESIDENTS -see also- ALIENS
- PUBLIC INFORMATION
- REVENUE AND TAXES -see also- DEV FEES & TAXES; specific tax.
- STATE AID
- STATE UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Tax - General
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: