File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
- Sponsored By:
Senators Hooper, Colburn, and Jacobs
Crimes - Death Penalty - Murder of a Law Enforcement Officer or
Providing that a specified defendant found guilty of murder in the
first degree may be sentenced to death if the defendant murdered a law
enforcement officer while the officer was not on duty if the murder
was committed in retaliation for specified actions; including
correctional officers in the definition of "law enforcement officer"
for specified purposes; etc.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Senator J. Robert Hooper, District 35
- Senator Richard F. Colburn, District 37
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DEATH PENALTY
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- SENTENCES -see also- DEATH PENALTY
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: