File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
- Sponsored By:
Criminal Procedure - Presentment of Defendant before Judicial Officer
Modifying the factors that a court considers in deciding the
voluntariness and admissibility of a confession; prohibiting a court
from giving greater weight to the State's delay in bringing a
defendant before a specified judicial officer than any other factor
the court examines in determining the voluntariness of a confession if
the confession is obtained within 24 hours after arrest; etc.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/9 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DISTRICT COURTS
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: