File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 1344
- Sponsored By:
Forehand, Jacobs, and Mooney
Motor Vehicle Theft - Penalties
Increasing the maximum fine for a person convicted of the felony of
taking a motor vehicle; and removing an offense from the exclusive
original jurisdiction of the District Court.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/16 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (45-0)
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 4/1 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- Sponsored by:
- Senator Leo E. Green, District 23
- Senator Jennie M. Forehand, District 17
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator Alexander X. Mooney, District 3
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DISTRICT COURTS
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- STATE'S ATTORNEYS
- THEFT -see also- SHOPLIFTING
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 288876/01 (PDF) Offered on: March 24, 2004 at:
10:59 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 25, 2004: Third Reading Passed (45-0)