File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 745
- Sponsored By:
Chairman, Judicial Proceedings Committee (By Request - Maryland
Criminal Law - Class A and Class B Misdemeanors
Establishing maximum penalties for misdemeanors based on the State
charging a violation of specified misdemeanors as a Class B
misdemeanor under specified circumstances; establishing that specified
crimes classified under law or at common law as misdemeanors that are
not charged by the State as Class B misdemeanors are Class A
misdemeanors subject to specified penalties; requiring the State to
provide defendants with written notice of the State's intent to charge
the defendants with Class B misdemeanors; etc.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/3 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Chairman, Judicial Proceedings Comm.
- Judicial Conference
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DISTRICT COURTS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Procedure
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: