File Code: Vehicle Laws - Rules of the Road
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 914
- Sponsored By:
Senators Brinkley and Mooney
Vehicle Laws - Approaching Emergency Vehicles Parked on Highway -
Requiring drivers approaching emergency vehicles stopped, standing, or
parked on a highway and using any visual signals, except when
otherwise directed by a police officer, to vacate the lane closest to
the emergency vehicle if possible and to slow to specified speeds
under specified circumstances; requiring the Motor Vehicle
Administration (MVA) to assess 3 points against a person who violates
the Act; and requiring the MVA and the State Police to conduct a
public education and awareness program on the requirements of the Act.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/19 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Senator David R. Brinkley, District 4
- Senator Alexander X. Mooney, District 3
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- AMBULANCES -see also- EMERGENCY MED SERVICES; RESCUE SQUADS.
- DRIVERS' LICENSES
- EDUCATION -see also- DRIVER ED; HIGHER ED; SPECIAL ED; etc
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- MOTOR VEHICLE ADMINISTRATION
- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- TRAFFIC REGULATIONS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: