File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
- Sponsored By:
Public Safety - Gun Control Act of 2004
Increasing the mandatory minimum penalties for the crime of using
firearms in the commissions of crimes; changing a specified
misdemeanor to a felony; establishing the crime of using firearms in
the commission of specified drug crimes; providing that a court may
not enter a judgment for less than the mandatory minimum sentence for
specified crimes; requiring a State's attorney to prepare a report of
a plea bargain agreement; etc.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/16 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CONTROLLED DANGEROUS SUBSTANCES -see also- SUBSTANCE ABUSE
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- EXPLOSIVES -see also- FIREWORKS
- JUDICIAL REVIEW -see also- APPEALS
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- RULES AND REGULATIONS
- SENTENCES -see also- DEATH PENALTY
- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- STATE'S ATTORNEYS
- WEAPONS -see also- GUNS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Procedure
- Public Safety
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: