File Code: Primary and Secondary Education
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Owings, Mitchell, and Wood
Education - Bridge to Excellence in Public Schools Act - Funding
Tying the growth in State aid to public schools to the growth in
annual State resources; providing that, in a fiscal year, specified
additional State aid for education provided under a specified Act may
not be provided if State revenues do not grow by a specified
percentage; specifying the amount and manner for the allocation of
State education aid to counties if State revenues do not grow by a
specified amount; repealing a provision that requires the General
Assembly to adopt a specified resolution; etc.
- First Reading Ways and Means
- Hearing 3/9 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Ways and Means
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate George W. Owings, III, District 27B
- Delegate Van T. Mitchell, District 28
- Delegate John F. Wood, Jr., District 29A
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COUNTIES -see also- CHARTERED COUNTIES; CODE COUNTIES
- EDUCATION, BOARDS OF
- EDUCATION -see also- DRIVER ED; HIGHER ED; SPECIAL ED; etc
- GENERAL ASSEMBLY -see also- AELR CMTE; LEG POLICY COMMITTEE.
- LEGISLATION - see also- CORRECTIVE LEGISLATION; CURATIV LEG.
- PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- REVENUE AND TAXES -see also- DEV FEES & TAXES; specific tax.
- STATE AID
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- State Finance and Procurement
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: