File Code: Public Safety
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 310
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Kelley, Vallario, Moe, and Sophocleus
Railroad Police Officers - Scope of Powers
Providing that a railroad police officer who is employed by a Class I
railroad company may exercise the powers of a peace or police officer
anywhere in the State if the railroad police officer is investigating
a crime that occurred on property that is owned, leased, operated, or
controlled by the railroad company or attempting to prevent a crime
against the operations of the railroad company.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/4 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate Darryl A. Kelley, District 26
- Delegate Brian R. Moe, District 21
- Delegate Theodore Sophocleus, District 32
- Delegate Joseph F. Vallario, Jr., District 27A
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- INVESTIGATIONS AND INQUIRIES -see also- CRIM BCKGRND INVEST.
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Public Safety
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: