File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 580
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Petzold, Anderson, Barkley, and Jones
Criminal Law - Evidence of Motor Vehicle Theft - Owner's Affidavit
Authorizing in a criminal case involving theft of a motor vehicle the
introduction of an affidavit by the lawful owner of the motor vehicle
as substantive evidence that the motor vehicle was taken from and
operated, used, or possessed without the lawful owner's authorization;
requiring the affidavit to be given under oath and attached to the
certificate of title of the motor vehicle; requiring the State to
provide notice to the defendant; etc.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/2 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/12 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate Carol S. Petzold, District 19
- Delegate Curt Anderson, District 43
- Delegate Charles Barkley, District 39
- Delegate Adrienne A. Jones, District 10
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- THEFT -see also- SHOPLIFTING
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: