File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 701
- Sponsored By:
Chairman, Judiciary Committee (By Request - Maryland Judicial
Criminal Law - Third Degree Assault
Establishing that it is a misdemeanor to intentionally cause offensive
contact, engage in conduct tending to put another in fear of offensive
contact, or attempt to cause offensive contact; providing that unless
specifically charged, assault in the third degree is not a lesser
included crime of any other crime; providing that physical injury of a
victim is not a defense to a charge of third degree assault;
conferring exclusive original jurisdiction to the District Court over
charges of third degree assault; etc.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/25 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Chairman, Judiciary Comm.
- Judicial Conference
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CIRCUIT COURTS
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DISTRICT COURTS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: