File Code: Vehicle Laws - Rules of the Road
Prior Year Introduction As: HB 757/03 - JUD
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Petzold, Franchot, Jones, Kaiser, and Menes
Moving Violations -
Death - Notice to Appear
Providing that a person issued a traffic citation for a moving
violation contributing to an accident that results in the death of
another person may not comply with a notice to appear in court by
prepayment of a fine and must appear in person; providing that, if a
person who receives a specified citation fails to appear in court, the
court may issue a warrant for the person's arrest or notify the Motor
Vehicle Administration of the noncompliance after 5 days; etc.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/2 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/12 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judiciary
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (139-0)
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 4/1 at 1:00 p.m.
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate Carol S. Petzold, District 19
- Delegate Peter Franchot, District 20
- Delegate Adrienne A. Jones, District 10
- Delegate Anne R. Kaiser, District 14
- Delegate Pauline H. Menes, District 21
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CIRCUIT COURTS
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- DEATH -see also- ADVANCE MEDICAL DIRECTIVES; WRONGFUL DEATH.
- DISTRICT COURTS
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- MOTOR VEHICLE ADMINISTRATION
- TRAFFIC REGULATIONS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 192015/01 (PDF) Offered on: March 23, 2004 at:
10:57 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 24, 2004: Third Reading Passed (139-0)