File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Leopold, Sophocleus, McMillan, and V.
Criminal Procedure - Release of Defendant Pending Appeal by State
Altering a provision of law so as to allow, rather than require, a
court to release a criminal defendant or order the defendant remanded
to custody pending the outcome of an appeal by the State; requiring
that the determination and enforcement of conditions of release of a
defendant pending an appeal by the State be made in accordance with
specified statutory provisions; etc.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 1/28 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate John R. Leopold, District 31
- Delegate Virginia P. Clagett, District 30
- Delegate Herb McMillan, District 30
- Delegate Theodore Sophocleus, District 32
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- APPEALS -see also- JUDICIAL REVIEW
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- PRETRIAL DETENTION OR RELEASE
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: