File Code: Municipal Corporations
- Sponsored By:
City - Seat of Government - City of Annapolis
Adding a new article to the Constitution to establish that the capital
city and seat of government of the State shall be the City of
Annapolis; and submitting this amendment to the qualified voters of
the State of Maryland for their adoption or rejection.
- First Reading Senate Rules
- Re-referred Education Health and Environmental Affairs
- Hearing 3/11 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Education Health and Environmental Affairs
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (45-0)
- First Reading Environmental Matters
- Hearing 4/3 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 4/2 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Environmental Matters
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS
- MUNICIPAL CORPORATIONS -see also- ANNAP; BALT; HAGER; OC
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Article - XIX Proposed Amendments to the Constitution
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 574834/01 (PDF) Offered on: March 17, 2003 at:
9:12 p.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 19, 2003: Third Reading Passed (45-0)