File Code: Horse Racing
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 644
- Sponsored By:
Senators Hooper and Colburn
Racing Act of 2003
Repealing the Maryland Racing Facility Redevelopment Program,
including the authority of the Maryland Economic Development
Corporation to issue specified bonds; altering the termination date of
specified changes to the allocations of specified amounts bet on
specified thoroughbred and harness races; etc.
- First Reading Finance
- Hearing 2/20 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Finance
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (46-0)
- First Reading Ways and Means
- Hearing 4/1 at 1:00 p.m.
- Sponsored by:
- Senator J. Robert Hooper, District 35
- Senator Richard F. Colburn, District 37
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- BONDS -see also- COUNTY & BALTIMORE CITY BONDS; STATE BONDS.
- GAMING -see also- BINGO; LOTTERY; RAFFLES
- LICENSES -see also- ALCOHOLIC BEV LIC; DRIVERS' LICENSES
- REVENUE AND TAXES -see also- DEV FEES & TAXES; specific tax.
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Business Regulation
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 197177/01 (PDF) Offered on: March 21, 2003 at:
11:35 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 22, 2003: Third Reading Passed (46-0)