File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 333
- Sponsored By:
Courts - Criminal Cases - State's Right of Appeal
Authorizing the State to appeal from a final judgment in a criminal
case if the State alleges that the trial judge imposed or modified a
sentence in violation of the Maryland Rules.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/12 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (45-0)
- Returned Passed
- Governor vetoed - Cross-filed bill was signed
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/26 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judiciary
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (137-0)
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- APPEALS -see also- JUDICIAL REVIEW
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- RULES AND REGULATIONS
- SENTENCES -see also- DEATH PENALTY
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 238473/01 (PDF) Offered on: February 26, 2003 at:
10:33 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Votes (Legislative dates are shown):
- February 28, 2003: Third Reading Passed (45-0)
- March 28, 2003: Third Reading Passed (137-0)