File Code: Vehicle Laws - Drunk Driving
Prior Year Introduction As: SB 263/02 - JPR
- Sponsored By:
Senators Jacobs, DeGrange, Giannetti, and Haines
Drunk and Drugged Driving - Death or Life Threatening Injury -
Requiring a police officer to direct a person to submit to specified
tests if the person is involved in a motor vehicle accident that
results in the death of, or a life threatening injury to, another
person and the police officer has reasonable grounds to believe the
person has been driving or attempting to drive in violation of
specified alcohol- or drug-related driving offenses.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/6 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Senator James E. DeGrange, Sr., District 32
- Senator John A. Giannetti, Jr., District 21
- Senator Larry E. Haines, District 5
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CHEMICAL TESTS
- DEATH -see also- ADVANCE MEDICAL DIRECTIVES; WRONGFUL DEATH.
- DRUNK AND DRUGGED DRIVING
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: