File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 485
- Sponsored By:
Senator McFadden (Joint Audit Committee) and Senators Astle,
Hafer, Hogan, Lawlah, and
Attorney General - Prosecution of Criminal Offenses Reported by the
Office of Legislative Audits
Repealing a requirement that the Legislative Auditor report alleged
violations of law by a unit of State government or other body that is
audited or reviewed by the Office of the Legislative Auditor;
repealing a requirement that the Attorney General respond to specified
persons regarding specified actions taken based on a report by the
Legislative Auditor; authorizing the Legislative Auditor to report to
the Attorney General any alleged criminal violation by a person
discovered during the course of an audit or review; etc.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/19 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (46-0)
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/25 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- Sponsored by:
- Senator Nathaniel J. McFadden, District 45
- Senator John C. Astle, District 30
- Audit Comm., Joint
- Senator Jennie M. Forehand, District 17
- Senator John J. Hafer, District 1
- Senator Patrick J. Hogan, District 39
- Senator Gloria Lawlah, District 26
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- ADMINISTRATIVE AGENCIES -see also- ELECTRONIC GOVERNMENT
- ATTORNEY GENERAL
- AUDITORS AND AUDITS
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- GENERAL ASSEMBLY -see also- AELR CMTE; LEG POLICY COMMITTEE.
- INVESTIGATIONS AND INQUIRIES -see also- CRIM BCKGRND INVEST.
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- State Government
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 058773/01 (PDF) Offered on: February 26, 2003 at:
10:31 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- February 28, 2003: Third Reading Passed (46-0)