File Code: Higher Education
- Sponsored By:
Senators McFadden, Colburn, Dyson, Greenip, Harris, Schrader,
Higher Education - Student Financial Assistance - Maryland Teacher
Altering the eligibility criteria for receiving a Maryland teacher
scholarship to include students who pledge to work as nonpublic
elementary and secondary school teachers in the State upon completion
of their studies; altering the definition of "service obligation" to
include teaching full time in a nonpublic elementary or secondary
school that holds a certificate of approval from or is registered with
the State Board of Education; etc.
- First Reading Education Health and Environmental Affairs
- Hearing 2/19 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/12 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Senator Nathaniel J. McFadden, District 45
- Senator Richard F. Colburn, District 37
- Senator Roy P. Dyson, District 29
- Senator Janet Greenip, District 33
- Senator Andrew P. Harris, District 7
- Senator Sandra B. Schrader, District 13
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 6
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- HIGHER EDUCATION -see also- COMM COLLEGES; MED SCHOOLS; etc.
- PRIVATE SCHOOLS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: