File Code: Family Law
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 283
- Sponsored By:
Chairman, Judicial Proceedings Committee (Maryland Judicial
Family Law - Desertion and Nonsupport of Child - Jurisdiction,
Enforcement, and Penalties
Granting a circuit court exclusive original jurisdiction over
desertion of a minor child, willful nonsupport of a minor child, and
constructive criminal contempt for a violation of a child support
provision of a court order; eliminating the right to a jury trial
under specified circumstances; altering penalties for willful
nonsupport of a minor child; requiring notice of an intent to
prosecute an individual as a subsequent offender; etc.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/25 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (47-0)
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/20 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- Sponsored by:
- Chairman, Judicial Proceedings Comm.
- Judicial Conference
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- ATTACHMENTS AND GARNISHMENTS
- CIRCUIT COURTS
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DISTRICT COURTS
- FAMILY LAW -see also- ADOPTION; ANNULMENT; DIVORCE; etc
- JURIES -see also- GRAND JURIES
- MINORS -see also- AGE OF MAJORITY; YOUTH
- PAROLE AND PROBATION
- PRISONERS -see also- EX-OFFENDERS
- SENTENCES -see also- DEATH PENALTY
- SUPPORT OF DEPENDENTS -see also- ALIMONY
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Criminal Procedure
- Family Law
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 10, 2003: Third Reading Passed (47-0)