File Code: Vehicle Laws - Drunk Driving
Prior Year Introduction As: SB 570/02 - JPR
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 542
- Sponsored By:
Senators Hooper, Kelley, and Munson
Drunk and Drugged Driving - Ignition Interlock System
Altering the definition of "ignition interlock system" to include a
requirement that such systems be capable of periodically testing the
blood alcohol level of the driver of a motor vehicle while the motor
vehicle is in use; authorizing a court for a first violation, and
requiring a court for a second or subsequent violation, to order the
use of an ignition interlock system for a violation of driving while
under the influence of alcohol, under the influence of alcohol per se,
or impaired by alcohol under specified circumstances; etc.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/6 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Senator J. Robert Hooper, District 35
- Senator Delores G. Kelley, District 10
- Senator Donald F. Munson, District 2
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CHEMICAL TESTS
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- DRUNK AND DRUGGED DRIVING
- EQUIPMENT -see also- MOTOR VEHICLE EQUIPMENT
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- SENTENCES -see also- DEATH PENALTY
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: