File Code: Courts and Court Personnel - Statewide
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 287
- Sponsored By:
Senators Giannetti, Haines, and Jacobs
Public General Laws - Evidence of the Law
Establishing that the Michie Code and the West Code are evidence of
the Public General Laws of Maryland; establishing that the code of
public general laws compiled and maintained by the Department of
Legislative Services is evidence of the law; and altering the duties
of the Department with respect to the codified laws of the State.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/18 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (42-4)
- Returned Passed
- Governor vetoed - Cross-filed bill was signed
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 4/1 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judiciary
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (136-0)
- Sponsored by:
- Senator John A. Giannetti, Jr., District 21
- Senator Larry E. Haines, District 5
- Senator Nancy Jacobs, District 34
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- ANNOTATED CODE OF MARYLAND
- CODES -see also- ANNOTATED CODE OF MD; BUILDING CODES
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- GENERAL ASSEMBLY -see also- AELR CMTE; LEG POLICY COMMITTEE.
- LAWS AND ORDINANCES -see also- PUB LOCAL LAWS; UNIFORM LAWS.
- LEGISLATIVE SERVICES, DEPARTMENT OF
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Article - 1 Rules of Interpretation
- State Government
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 758577/01 (PDF) Offered on: March 20, 2003 at:
11:51 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Votes (Legislative dates are shown):
- March 22, 2003: Third Reading Passed (42-4)
- March 30, 2003: Third Reading Passed (136-0)