File Code: Real Property
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 590
- Sponsored By:
Senators Stone and Della
Real Property - Residential Leases - Interest on Security Deposits
Altering the interest rate paid on a security deposit under a
residential lease; requiring the interest rate to be either the
statutory rate or the rate paid on the account per annum by the
financial institution in which the security deposit is held, whichever
rate is less; and providing for the application of the Act.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 1/30 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/4 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 6
- Senator George W. Della, Jr., District 46
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- LANDLORD AND TENANT -see also- EVICTION; LEASES & RENT; etc.
- LEASES AND RENT
- SECURITY DEPOSITS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Real Property
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: