File Code: Real Property
- Sponsored By:
Real Property - Residential Leases - Interest on Security Deposits
Changing the interest rate paid on a security deposit under a
residential lease from 4 percent per annum to the rate paid by the
financial institution holding the deposit; allowing for 0.25%
administrative expenses to be retained by the landlord; and applying
the Act prospectively.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 1/30 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/4 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- LANDLORD AND TENANT -see also- EVICTION; LEASES & RENT; etc.
- LEASES AND RENT
- SECURITY DEPOSITS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Real Property
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: