File Code: Public Safety
- Sponsored By:
Chairman, Judiciary Committee (By Request - Departmental -
DNA Testing - Felony Convictions
Requiring the collection of DNA samples from specified persons;
identifying where the samples shall be collected; requiring the
Directory of the State Police Crime Laboratory to provide for liaison
with specified criminal justice agencies relating to the State's
participation in DNA data bases; providing for the effect of including
information by mistake in the statewide DNA data base; identifying the
standards that are to be used in validating the DNA tests; and
providing for the admissibility of specified DNA evidence.
- First Reading House Rules and Executive Nominations
- Re-referred Judiciary
- Hearing 2/21 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Chairman, Judiciary Comm.
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CHEMICAL TESTS
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
- PRISONERS -see also- EX-OFFENDERS
- RECORDS -see also- LAND RECORDS; VITAL RECORDS
- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Public Safety
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: