File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
Prior Year Introduction As: HB 160/02 - JUD
- Sponsored By:
Sentencing - Revisory Power of Courts - Limitations
Authorizing a defendant who seeks a court to change a criminal
sentence to file a specified motion within 90 days; limiting courts'
revisory power over sentencing to 1 year; requiring a decision that
changes the original sentence to be in writing and state the reasons
for the decision; allowing such a motion to be filed at any time in a
case involving an illegal sentence, fraud, a mistake, or an
irregularity; and requiring the court to notify all the defendant's
victims prior to changing the sentence.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/11 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- APPEALS -see also- JUDICIAL REVIEW
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- SENTENCES -see also- DEATH PENALTY
- VICTIMS -see also- CRIMINAL INJURIES COMPENSATION
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Criminal Procedure
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: