File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
Prior Year Introduction As: HB 709/01 - JUD
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Hutchins and Vallario
Criminal Procedure - Custodial Confinement as a Condition of Probation
or Suspension of Sentence
Expanding the authority of the courts throughout the State to impose a
sentence of custodial confinement or imprisonment as a condition of
probation or suspension of sentence.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/18 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/21 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judiciary
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (136-0)
- Returned Passed
- Governor vetoed - Duplicative
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/25 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (47-0)
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate Thomas E. "Tim" Hutchins, District 28
- Delegate Joseph F. Vallario, Jr., District 27A
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- HOME DETENTION
- PAROLE AND PROBATION
- SENTENCES -see also- DEATH PENALTY
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Procedure
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 742416/01 (PDF) Offered on: March 11, 2003 at:
11:01 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Votes (Legislative dates are shown):
- March 13, 2003: Third Reading Passed (136-0)
- April 4, 2003: Third Reading Passed (47-0)